My Skills that turned into a side Hustle!

I decided to become an Architect (My Portfolio) during my higher secondary schooling, where I self-discovered my potential in creativity, wonder for buildings & spaces, a strong work ethics attitude, and computer knowledge. These skills lead me to take this decision of opting for the Architecture course. Over the years,  apart from some architectural skills I also developed a couple of skills along the way that would help me sustain and explore other fields related to my interests.

Some turned out to become actual decent side career options, some could generate income, some developing out of interest and passion for the skill, and so on. Here are some of my skills that I acquired which have turned into a side hustle apart from being an architect; that have added on as valuable assets and become part of my life. To “E.X.C.E.L” a creative life!

1. Architectural Photographer

Traveling to different locations during my U.G & P.G degree for Architecture related visits, I eventually developed an eye for giving solid attention to detail, artistic appreciation, and a focus on architectural features. This resulted in my interest in Architectural Photography. My Basic skill-set of Architectural Photography

https://sumairahkareem.blogspot.com/2021/04/my-basic-skill-set-of-architectural.html

Capturing hundreds & hundreds of photos for my architecture research & documentation, I inculcated the art of capturing decent architectural photographs. All thanks to the many visits made to beautiful significant places of Architecture, as I kept polishing this skill-set & started making a collection of my best architectural Photographs for clients & commercial purposes.

2. Digital Creator

With utmost sincerity in composing my architecture presentations sheet year after year for juries during my course, I began to learn the concept of composition, clarity, the importance of graphic representations and illustrations that lead me to digital creation. Digital designing began as a tool to present my ideas in the most convenient & basic way to the viewer.

Haven worked on different tools over a period of time, it helped me gain experience composing sheet after sheet and improving my knowledge on choice of color, fonts, image selection for a stronger viewer impact. My work came into recognition among people of my field, family & friends, and slowly I kept experimenting with my skill on my personal projects to find out the best ways for digital creations & I now offer my services in digital design to businesses, health care, institutions, and entrepreneurs. 

Was onboard for this exciting project of designing social media post for a company with the theme that was based on the Netflix show (Emily in Paris). Instagram  Facebook LinkedIn

Received loads of Special Social media mentions & appreciations.

Spending hours in front of the computer & working on this skill by learning several computer soft wares and tools for photo & video editing too, I was getting an idea of the vast digital world by exploring techniques and different methods. By broadening my horizon to possibilities of developing this skill; digital design & marketing have currently become a valuable asset of mine. 

Taking it a level higher, in terms of work-wise I was blessed with a Freelancing job offer as a Chief Designer for a well-established content writing team.

3. Blogger – Content Writer

Researching on topics, framing powerful reasoning with analytic thinking, having a passion for putting out my thoughts – all these skills contribute to my interest in Blogging. About me! This skill sparked and was once again initiated during B. Arch, where I had to look for numerous ways to write text, paragraphs in reports or sheets for explaining my architecture concepts, designs or have a clear conversation with my viva-juror or client. 

At that point, I was certain to take up this skill of writing at some point, as I was getting better at it and making progress in conveying my thoughts on certain niches. With all that groundwork and foundation, I now write blogs of my own, participate in essay competitions, and offer exciting social media content for individuals.

https://sumairahkareem.blogspot.com/

To get exposed to various topics, finding out ways to convey it and create some material of my own – content writing sure has leveled up my list of skill-sets. With over 40+ blogs to my name, Being AWSOMATIC! I publish blogs related to Architecture, Lifestyle & Motivation. Do follow!

Nearing the Golden jubilee mark of 50 blogs soon, I aim to have a platform that would document my work while making a mark & contributing to the field of blogging/content writing on these niches that would attract and create an impact to my audience out there!

4. Organizing member for National & International Organizations.

To make it a necessity of speaking boldly at an architecture viva; the need to stand strong on my works, justifying for what I believed in (design/concept), or convincing a client during a meeting or having clear verbal communication with people, my skills in public speaking sure did bring the best out in me always. Effective ways of Communication

Raising the confidence level resulted in me taking steps to be part of & conduct seminars, presentations, and events. My organizing & communication skills helped me gain a position as an Organizing member for National Summits, Architecture panel discussions, Events, Conferences and even at The World Dental Conference. 

I also received a token of appreciation for my dedicated service from the Health Minister of Malaysia, Dr. Datuk Seri Dzulkelfy Bin Ahamad at WDC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - 2019.

 I continue to offer my valuable vocal skills on such prestigious platforms.

5. Aspiring Motivational Speaker

Taking my professional course seriously and dedicatedly focusing on it while gaining strong theoretical architectural knowledge; helped me achieve the laurels of becoming a University Rank Holder- Twice! Securing a University rank both in my U.G & P.G degree! 

And so I get the opportunities to be called upon from Architectural colleges, institutes for explaining my academic works, projects, to give inspirational talks to budding architects and aspiring professionals in my field or to share my experiences (My speech) of learning architecture on important occasions like convocation or inductions days as a successful and proud Alumnus of respective colleges. What’s the “E.P.I.C” talk?

Thus opening the ways to become a speaker at other platforms and becoming an AWSOMATIC individual! Recently I was also offered to be an external jury member for a viva at an architectural college. My skills have truly come a long way thus increasing my patience level with the will to learn and not stopping with just after the competition of my professional degrees but in fact, explore more about my profession. It has also allowed me to participate in several competitions and webinars (recently). 

During this pandemic and in the past couple of months; I manage to attend as many webinars as I can and by far have attended & participated in over 25+ diverse webinars in Architecture & Design. Follow my posts on LinkedIn to stay posted on my talent certifications & webinars participations. My LinkedIn

Hustling my way through life with multiple duties and responsibilities, I continue to also indulge in playing the piano, try out interesting cooking recipes, play some kind of sport every now & then and keep my body & mind at work most of the time – while also giving enough importance to self-care! I owe almost my entire skills and progressive self-development to a course like Architecture. My Superpower!

I continue to sharpen each of my skills almost every day by Make the "M.O.S.T" of every day! So all you folks out there, no matter what you have studied or do, a skill is a skill! The will to learn it or develop it is only possible when you take active steps to give it a purpose that could result in a prosperous outcome, if not at least you know you had tried. Hence discover your skills and try making them part of your hustle!

Read Related Topics & Comment!

🀍 Follow | Comment | Subscribe πŸ€

My Instagram My LinkedIn | My Pinterest | My Portfolio My WEBSITE 

THANKS FOR BEING INTERESTED IN THIS BLOG. 

HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me !

The 6D's of Self-Care!